Tuesday, July 29, 2008

summer scene

Well, Paris has come and gone in a blur. A let down after all of the planning. Kendra was not as interested as I had hoped and was difficult to motivate. Although it was a challenge to navigate the subways and cultural differences, I still love an adventure. More about Paris later.
Well, time has past and summer is in full swing. Wellfleet is always cool, but this year here is so different for me. The boys are in Boston during the week, Kendra is working days , so I have a lot of free time that I have never experienced before.
Idleness and boredom with the perfect summer life. How many walks on the endless beautiful beaches can I take alone? I know that I am in a situation that many would find enviable, but yet this place comes with drawbacks of loneliness. Many relationships here are superficial.
Painting takes me off to another plane where it's not necessary to share thoughts or actions. I painted frantically yesterday in reaction to an emotional outpouring, feelings out of my control. A new friend, a kindred spirit, gone before we could fully explore and experience. I feel the loss but cannot openly demonstrate it or ask for more.

No comments: