Saturday, November 15, 2008

weekends

Constant opening and closing... of doors. I constantly hear them coming and going. They are young. They come on fast and leave the same way. Friendships and more I assume. Our house is a welcoming place for these growing relationships. Always a new mix and new opportunities. The regulars arrive on Friday nights and most stay until Sunday night. Many others in and out, most come up to say "hi" I feed, I listen, I enjoy their company but they tire me out. An endless stream of kids. They like it here and keep coming back. They bring more. They do appreciate me and the place to hang out. It's comfortable and fun with it's constant mix of new faces. I just hope that they continue to make good choices.

My friend Jayne has made it and returned home after 2 months in the hospital. I don't know yet the outcome, if she will ever has that special sparkle back, but he spark has been ignited. She's home!

No comments: