Friday, September 5, 2008

Tragedy....seeking positive thoughts for Jayne!

I now seek positive energy for a friend in need.
I left Fleet last week after a beautiful summer and now tragedy has struck again. My close friend and neighbor was hit by a car crossing the street in front of her house just around dark last night. In front of her kids. I heard all of the screams but thought that the kids were playing manhunt, until the cops and ambulances came. It was a horrific sight.The boys that hit her were also school friends of her children. Everyone was screaming and hysterical. Severe head trauma as she went off the windshield before being thrown 25 feet into a stone wall.She was life-flighted out by helicopter, but they couldn't stabilize her to leave for a long time ...it doesn't look good. She might loose an eye and has extensive facial damage, multiple fractures and we don't know if she'll make it yet. The next 48 hours are crucial.
This woman also has spirit similar to the inspirational Caleb Potter. Jayne Lombardo is loved by so many. Always so outgoing and upbeat, Quick with a smile and ready to help anyone. The backbone of her family, friends and everyone she meets, so I hope that she will also make it as far as Caleb has.
I will write more as this woeful tale unfolds in the next few days. After following Caleb's blog for over a year now, I know that she and her family will never be the same and are in for a very long hall.
I call to those places of power that gave me so much inspiration this summer, that magic that comes off of the dunes, the trinkets and treasures to the right of LeCounts, and to anyone that might come across this blog in cyberspace to help send positive karma for Jayne Lombardo!

6 comments:

Sharyn said...

Please e-mail me directly with your friends progress - for that is what we hope will happen. It is a dark place - those first few days, waiting.
Caleb's mom, mumsie
Sharyn_lindsay@yahoo.com

Jeff- in the Berkshires said...

I am keeping her in my thoughts and sending healing light

Jeff

janet said...

Sending positive energy and prayers to your friend, her family,
and your community.
janet and david

Anonymous said...

I will send out as much healing energy and prayers as I can.
My thoughts are with Jayne and her family at this terrible and frightening time....
as always, with hope,
peg from PA

Lisa said...

Just returned from Fleet. Are you in Hudson, NY? If so, I am nearby and ready to help. - Another Fleet Lisa

justjane said...

Thank you for the positive thoughts. I will post more about Jayne's condition when I know more. She is still unconscious at this time.