Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cast of silver

Silver gleaming along the edge. Shown bright in the sunlight, a streak of light along the shore. A vertical piece of lace. Fish, nothing but small fish. Cast about, thrown onto the sand, bitten, and headless, their countless scales sparkle in the sand and sea foam. Their fine bones exposed. Miles of small, silver strokes on the canvas. Birds of all sizes and colors feasted this morning.
My spirits and treasures were intact today. A few additional offerings displayed. I found my smaller shrine also untouched. It is always amazing to see that although the shore seems calm by day, so many new things are brought forth overnight to be discovered in the light. I was able to bring a few new colorful trinkets and pieces of driftwood to the compilation, and spied more for another day. A tee shirt, a hair band, goggles, sunglasses, foam and a swim fin. The twist of rope will have to wait, as will the rust from a ship's past.
Painting went well today. A close-up partial self-portrait with the treasures in the background. Maybe not original, but different for me to include myself.

No comments: