Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Coming to Peace

Time is winding down for my walking the sands. Start of a new year sooner than wanted, but inevitable. As the waves roll or pound depending on outside influences, so my life also takes shape. Will these stream of consciousness reports be inspired from a new source, or dwindle to weekend jaunts?
I need the inspiration of the water and sands, the found objects arranging themselves into new sculptural expressions, yet time to get back to the other world and real life. Will I take this place of power as a life change when given the opportunity? Or will I run? Or will I play it safe? Time only knows.
So, today I prepare to venture out along the edge once more. Others have now added to my guardians and compilations of trinkets. It detracts and devalues my intended spirit, although I know I should be encouraged by the shared experience. There is nothing original, and I'm sure I wasn't the first, but none the less, I am not thrilled to see the clones. But I will try to walk with openness of soul.
There was a violent storm yesterday and I am curious to see what survived and what more was brought forth from the depths.
The constant change actually should bring peace. Add to, or wash away clean...life continues at nature's pace.

No comments: